Day 8 - Painting & La Playa

Today we went straight to Mrs. Harrison's sister's church to assess our painting project. We then visited the equivalent of the Costa Rican Home Depot and purchased paint, rollers, paintbrushes, cleaning brushes, and more! After we bought all of our supplies we returned to the church and worked on painting their basement area.

We worked most of the day, from 8:30 - 2:30 ish with just a small lunch break in the middle. It was difficult to paint some of the areas in the room because the walls had lots of cracks and holes, and sometimes when you tried to paint, the cement would just flake off the wall and onto the ground. But, we found a way to get most of the two rooms painted and it looked pretty good!














Cleaning up after ourselves was another story, there was one small sink where we tried to clean all of our brushes, rollers, and trays, and it took quite a while to clean up since only a few people could work at a time.

After we finished painting we went back to the hotel for a quick change, then we drove to Puerto Viejo for some time at the beach. Puerto Viejo is a black sand beach, which a lot of our kids hadn't experienced before. The water was full of seaweed, but we still had fun hanging out, swimming, and enjoying the beauty of the area.




Jacob found a living sand dollar! 


The boys racing






After dinner we went back to the hotel to shower and change, then back to Pastor Irma's church for a short church service and dinner! We were also able to participate in a little more worship dance party, with members of the church! The lyrics of one of our favorite songs from worship today was I Know Who I Am by Sinach, which says,

“We are a chosen generation,
Called forth to show his excellence
All I require for life, God has given me,
And I know who I am.

I know who God says I am, what He says I am
Where he says am at; I know who I am
I know who God says I am, what He says I am
Where he says am at; I know who I am

I’m working in power, I’m working in miracles!
I live a life of favor, cause I know who I am
I’m working in power, I’m working in miracles!
I live a life of favor, cause I know who I am”

A couple of Pastor Irma's talking points were:
  • The blood of God is stronger than any virus, and if God is for us, who can be against us?
  • We need to trust in the Lord because he takes care of us! The Lord is our shepherd, we shall not want! 
  • We serve a just and righteous God, His word is true! He cannot tell a lie, so we need to stand on His word, His promises!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 - Day 8: Widow’s Ministry, Souvenir Shopping, and our Last (?) Team Meal

2023 - Final Trip Thoughts and Reflections

2023 - Day 4, Part 2: Team Reflections