2023 - Day 2: Farmer’s Market & a Drive Through the Cloud Forest to Limon


Today we slept in a bit (after getting no sleep the last two nights), we packed up our bags, and we went to the farmer's market! This is always a fun experience because we make the kids try a bunch of different fruits! Some they love and some they don't! 

"It was so cool to be immersed into a totally different culture, and see how other people live their lives. I have never been to something like that so I tried to be as open as possible, and I actually loved all of the fruits that I tried except for papaya ??. But other than that, the whole experience was amazing and I would 10/10 would recommend!" - Kate Phillips

We then walked to the panaderia to grab some pastries and unfortunately while we there, BT got sick. Please be praying for him as he's had an upset stomach all day. We then loaded the busses again for a long ride to San Jose. Along the ride we drove through the cloud forest and were able to see a lot of tall trees and huge leaves! While we were squished in the van, the students made the most of it and had fun along the way! 

"Playing games with people on the bus was really fun especially spending time with people I wasn't as close with" - Jake Harrison

We pulled into our hotel in Limon around 4:30 and got settled in. It didn't take long until most of the group was swimming in the Atlantic Ocean that is only steps from our home for the next few days.

"It was fun to go in the ocean and the pool with my friends that I hang around school with. Even the people I didn't know as well were in there as well and it was cool to bond with them. I look forward to serving at church and painting tomorrow with everyone." Luke Wegenke

Other highlights from today:

  • Everyone - THE PINEAPPLE!! 
  • Korah - swimming in the ocean in the dark
  • Allie - the feeling of the sand on my feet
  • Jose - Talon taught me how to flip today
  • Jake - playing games with everyone in the van
  • Luke - Conversations with Kate 
  • Abigail - Seeing the pretty jungle and rainforest
  • Isaac - BT feeling better for a bit
  • Talon - Bodysurfing with Jacob & Jose

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 - Day 8: Widow’s Ministry, Souvenir Shopping, and our Last (?) Team Meal

2023 - Final Trip Thoughts and Reflections

2023 - Day 4, Part 2: Team Reflections